Thursday, January 6, 2011

My teaching philosophy...

I'm not sure if I've shared this before but mine is:

"I dare you to try"

Kids these days are so afraid of failure that they are too afraid to try. But how will they ever feel a sense of accomplishment and self-worth if they don't excel at something new? I live for those feelings and it makes me the confident person I am today and that is what I want to share with my students. I do not want them to be fearful of others reactions when they express themselves, I want them to feel confident in who they are and what they think even if others do not agree. I want them to try new things without leaning on others for assistance- I want them to be their own person and my teaching will model this. My teaching style with encourage students to try and let them know that there is no such thing as failure if you make a mistake. In fact, I want them to know that mistakes are not a big deal and it's okay to be incorrect sometimes as long as you try until you get it correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment