Thursday, October 28, 2010

Also....

Guardians of Ga'hoole was a huge hit with my grade 7 student! I gave her the book three weeks ago and by the time we saw each other again on Monday she had read books 1-4 and was working on book 5! FANTASTIC! So I HIGHLY suggest the book!

The bad news is.... is that I hadn't read it so I couldn't really talk much with her about it but I will try to get some ideas over the weekend to chat with her about it on Monday! Hopefully there is a webpage with resources out there somewhere!

Also, my grade 9 student read 'Hard Love' and she really liked it. We also had a lot of things to say about the book and to discuss. Luckily, I had read this book in a previous EDCI class and had noted a few important things to talk about. However, I think I would definitely have to read over it again, take notes, high light, add sticky notes etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment